VikingVPN Windows PC Connection Setup guide
Windows App Viking VPN Client Installation
Our Windows App is currently in Open Beta. Feel free to try it out.
- Sign up for Viking VPN Service
- Download vikingvpn_setup.exe
- Run vikingvpn_setup.exe.
- You'll see the screen pictured below. Sign into your Viking VPN Account through the Windows App by clicking on the location you wish to connect to.
- You're done. Enjoy your free and open internet!
Windows App Troubleshooting:
If you're having trouble connecting, un-install any other VPN Service clients that you may have installed and try again.
This is an open-source application. You can view the source on bitbucket.
Manual OpenVPN Installation Setup Guide for Windows PC
A video setup guide is available for Windows 7 on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36m-C4v3Ubc
A video setup guide is available for Windows 8 on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev6hLhp9WDM
The guide below is for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. We do not support Windows versions that Microsoft no longer supports, as they are security risks to our users.
- Sign up for VikingVPN.
- Download and install the OpenVPN client (all default settings should be fine). We recommend version 2.4.0.
- Download your VikingVPN.zip configuration files.
- Choose which physical server location you'd like to connect to and extract it from the zip file.
- Copy the cert for the location you've chosen to C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config
- Run OpenVPN GUI as Administrator (if you do not run it as Administrator your VPN service will not work correctly).
- OpenVPN GUI will now be running in your system tray (the bottom right hand corner of your screen and will look like this:
8. Right-click on the running OpenVPN GUI icon, and select the location you want to connect to (or just "connect" if you've only copied one file). This will bring up a new window with a bunch of information about connecting. The important part is that you get this at the end of it:
9. You are now connected to VikingVPN!
If this guide didn't get you there, try the Verbose PC Connection Guide.